Preparing for Dermal Fillers in Pittsburgh PA: Top Advice from Polished Dental
Aging can take its toll on your facial features and cause fat loss in unwanted places. Over time, your face can also develop crow’s feet around your eyes and lips, which leaves many longing for younger looking skin. Dermal fillers in Pittsburgh are designed to add extra volume to your face in all the right places, making you look and feel your best at any age.
Dermal fillers are administrated via injection, with results lasting from four months up to a year. This is one of the safest and least invasive methods for achieving younger looking skin.
When patients approach Polished Dental for dermal fillers in Pittsburgh, they’re general looking to:
- Add volume to thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours on the face
- Soften or eliminate wrinkles, crow’s feet, and creases
- Improve the appearance of scars
If you’re showing early signs of aging or simply want to boost your confidence, dermal fillers can be the right choice for you. When you’re ready to move forward with dermal fillers, here are a few ways that you can prepare for the procedure:
- Limit alcohol consumption within several days leading up to your appointment
- Discontinue the use of Aspirin, Vitamin E supplements, anti-inflammatory medications, and herbal supplements
- Avoid strenuous exercise the day of your treatment. This is due to elevating your heart rate, which causes an increase in blood flow. Increased blood flow can result in additional bruising on the face after treatment
The Recovery Process of Dermal Fillers in Pittsburgh, PA
Your dermal filler injection is a very quick and easy procedure. You might experience some swelling or bruising after the injection, but this is temporary and major complications from dermal fillers are rare.
After you receive your dermal fillers from Polished Dental, it’s important to remain relaxed for the rest of the day. Too much movement can cause the injection to shift underneath the skin. Staying relaxed will also help keep your heart rate down and reduce the amount of swelling or bruising on your skin.
If you have questions about receiving dermal fillers in Pittsburgh, Polished Dental can help. Our office specializes in performing minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures that improve your smile and your skin. To learn more about dermal fillers or to schedule an appointment, contact our office in downtown Pittsburgh by calling 412-281-3546.