Repair Your Smile With Dental Implants in Pittsburgh, PA
Missing a tooth or two can be a slight embarrassment and can compromise your chewing ability, but fortunately, we can replace your teeth with dental implants, which last a lifetime. Dental implants in Pittsburgh, PA give patients’ smiles a new and polished presence, and you’d never know that you’re looking at an artificial tooth.The implant is structured to look like a real tooth, from the root to the shiny white crown, and is essentially a tooth-for-tooth replacement. It’s surgically inserted into the jawbone and functions just as any other tooth in your mouth does (without the risk of cavities, because implants don’t decay).
The implant is structured to look like a real tooth, from the root to the shiny white crown, and is essentially a tooth-for-tooth replacement. It’s surgically inserted into the jawbone and functions just as any other tooth in your mouth does (without the risk of cavities, because implants don’t decay).
What Are The Common Causes of Missing Teeth?
Believe it or not, 35 million Americans are missing all of their teeth, and 178 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. These are the most common reasons why adults experience tooth loss, ranging from smoking to grinding in your sleep:Trauma or a severe blow to the jaw area can knock a tooth out of the socket
- Trauma or a severe blow to the jaw area can knock a tooth out of the socket
- Using your teeth for purposes other than chewing can be fracture and destroy teeth. Bad habits like opening bags or bottles with your teeth or chewing on ice cubes can result in tooth loss.
- Clenching or grinding teeth can put up to 800 pounds of pressure on your jaw, which can lead to tooth loss down the road
- Poor oral hygiene habits and/or poor diet can lead to tooth decay and tooth loss
- Poor nutrition, excessive smoking and drinking alcohol
- Hormonal changes and recreational drugs
What Are The Advantages of Having Dental Implants
- Dental implants are permanent and will give you a beautiful smile for life
- They’re permanently implanted into your jawbone and won’t move around like dentures or natural teeth
- They’re designed to replace a single missing tooth, but they can also replace several missing teeth if necessary, and if you’re missing all of your teeth, you can snap dentures into implants for far greater stability, comfort, and confidence in your teeth
- Dental implants look very natural—no one will ever notice that they aren’t your real teeth
- Dental implants also feel natural when you chew—you won’t have to worry about feeling or looking awkward when it’s time to eat
If you’re ready to correct your smile and improve your oral health, Polished Dental can help you with your dental implant procedure in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Steps to Getting Your Dental Implants in Pittsburgh, PA
When you visit Polished Dental for dental implants, you will be thoroughly evaluated to determine if you are a good candidate for treatment. It is important to evaluate your mouth and to assess your total body health before having implants placed. First, you’ll undergo a complete dental examination, which may include molds and X-rays.
Next, you’ll discuss a treatment plan, which corresponds to the number of teeth being replaced and the condition of your jawbone. Once you review your plan with a dentist, you’ll be prepared and scheduled for surgery.
Have Questions About Dental Implants? Contact Polished Dental Today
Are you ready to repair your smile with dental implants? Call our office today at 412-281-3546 or click to schedule your Pittsburgh appointment.